I was so lucky to have my dad come all the way down to Dominica. Here's what we did:
We were glad to have Cassi come with us. This was one of my favorite days. Unintentionally, we ended up doing it during a hurricane, and this tree fell down just feet in front of us- I looked over at Cassi who was covered in debris from the gust of wind.
Bense Pool Hike
This says 2 THOUSAND 484 feet, not 248 feet like we thought it said on the beginning of the hike, it was long to say the least. We had both kids with us.
Trafalgar Falls, a set of three waterfalls and a hot springs
The kids were thrilled to have Jess take the day off to be with us.
Sulfur Springs, a giant natural hot tub
Avery and Norm made a game out of pouring the water on our heads. This might have been Avery's favorite site.
Cabrits National Park, an old garrison
We are some intense zip-liners.
ReplyDeleteThat is SO great that your dad got to visit! And wow. It seems really scary to be zip lining during a hurricane. Especially a hurricane strong enough to knock a tree over!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I would have been able to finish a hike that was 2,000 feet longer than I had expected! I'm very impressed.
Dumping water on my head would have been Jill's favorite part of any outing as well. :)
UM, LOVE ALL THE PICTURES OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to have your dad visit! And you guys were crazy for doing that hike, I mean, wow. Impressed.
Love you!