Vonn was my father-in-law. Vonn was the father of my husband. That might sound repetitive, since your father-in-law is the father of your husband, but they became different to me when Vonn passed. It was more than losing my father-in-law, in some ways I felt like I lost Jess.
I never knew how much Vonn was apart of Jesse. How much of Jesse was Vonn. Now that he is gone, I have noticed the void in Jesse. That his mere existence on this earth, even thousands of miles away, kept something alive in my husband.
I didn't know how similar they were until I attended Vonn's funeral. The person they described, particularly in Vonn's younger years, seemed to be how I would describe Jess. I would have believed any of the stories told were of Jesse. No doubt, Jesse is walking in the footsteps of his father.
Vonn was my friend. He was my love's dad. He was my babies "papa".

Fly fishing

Eclipse Pizza

35th Wedding Anniversary

Loyal BYU Fan

"Hold me"

Christmas 2007
Elizabeth silly stringed him
Easter Egg Dying
Italian relatives
The Grand babies
Vonn, thank you for being a great dad to your children, a loving husband, a great in law, and a wonderful papa. We love you.
neat post- fun pictures- so nice too. :)
ReplyDeleteOh Sarah, I'm so glad you were able to live in Reno for so long so you could get to know Jesse's family so well. What a blessing. Jesse's dad sounds like a wonderful man.
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful tribute to Vonn, Sarah. I'm so sorry for your loss. Kevin attended Vonn's funeral and when he came home, he sat and told me a lot about Vonn. He sounds like such a wonderful man. I'm sorry I never had the honor of meeting him. He will live on in your hearts forever. We miss you guys.
ReplyDelete