Our neighbor Roy butchered a cow in his yard yesterday. As we walked through our door coming home from church, we found 3 tangerines on our balcony. Jesse's first mistake was to thank our neighbor Roy. Seeing Jesse reminded Roy that he had promised Jesse a sample of the coveted cow skin and shouted, "I'll check you in a lil bit". Ten minutes later there was a knock at the door. Roy came bearing more gifts, a ripe pineapple for Avery's birthday, a guava, and his secret recipe for cow skin. Ingredients: cow skin, lime juice, shallots, garlic, and scotch bonnet peppers.
Out of politeness and sheer curiosity, Jesse tried a piece in front of Roy, at Roy's request. The taste was spicy but good, the texture unbearable. The remaining tuffs of hair would have, quite possibly, given Jesse heartburn had he not thrown it up thirty seconds after Roy left.
This is where I come in. After Jesse sanitized the toilet, I went to light a candle. To my surprise, I had a unwelcome visitor. A gigantic ferocious 3 inch baby lizard. After letting out a blood curdling scream, I summoned the team of exterminators, Jesse, Avery, and Caleb.
The hunt proved to be fruitless, so I had to pee outside. It wasn't until later, our friend Wyatt, found, captured, and transported the intruder.
This is my life.
UMMMMM. I LOVE YOUR LIFE.
ReplyDeleteI could not stop laughing.
UMMMM, Avery is seriously the funniest little thing, and I love the way you talk to her. "You don't need shoes, you have your helmet." Cuz the lizard will certainly be aiming for her head.
Oh, the adventures.
So it is... our life in Dominica:) I was laughing so hard watching that!!! All Jess needed was a can of bug spray though- you know that's how I kill them:) Glad Wyatt could come to the rescue... and I may have to repost this on my blog! It's too good.
ReplyDeleteThis is SO why we're friends!
Koll asked if you guys are really going to catch a lizard, because you never opened the door to reveal the little guy.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you have your own personal exterminators. Every woman should. :)
ReplyDeleteThis reminded me of when our BYU ward did a version of . . . I can't remember the name of the TV show, but I cooked a lot of food that I would NEVER eat. There were some students in the ward though that grew up in different countries or served missions in different countries that LOVED the cow tongue, cow stomach, octopi, etc. I couldn't believe it. I almost threw up multiple times just smelling it as it cooked, but I guess raw would be worse. To each his own, I suppose!!
So I just read this out loud to Jeff, and he confessed to eating PIG SKIN on his mission. It also had tufts of hair on it. Quote: "It only sucks when it gets stuck in your teeth." Wow. Now I think I know the real reason why Jeff has eaten everything I have ever cooked (except one horrible dish and he did even eat a bite or two before giving up). And trust me. Some of the meals have been horrendous. Especially at the beginning. I do not have the skills to be creative. :) (Although I'm learning them!!)
ReplyDelete