The hardest thing I have ever done.
I am pretty sure I look better than I feel.
My entire family has the stomach flu. It started with Lorenzo on Sunday and has made it's way through us all to Jesse today. It hit him this morning on his flight to Atlanta to take his 8 hour ORAL exam. As if that timing wasn't impeccable, Caleb decided to join the club during Avery's New Family Open House and Orientation for her new school. We were in the cafeteria dropping off papers, meeting Avery's new teacher and classmates, and prepping for the barbecue that was being held afterward when Caleb starts to gag. The only thing I can find is a metal trash can. I am hanging Caleb over the can as he spatters vomit all over the floor and can. It sounded like rain hitting a sheet metal roof. Sorry Avery, you won't be attending school this year.
Before Jesse left for Detroit last night he gave me a hug and a kiss goodbye. He pulls away from me and says, "How sad. Your hair smells like vomit." I think karma had a hand in this. How was that nausea and abdominal pain at 30,000 feet?
This morning at 2 a.m. I laid on the cold bathroom tile floor dry heaving in a cold sweat. Jess was spending the night at a friends, the Prince's (you're welcome Liz) in Detroit on the way to the airport. So what did I do? I called him, woke him up before his important test to tell him how I was feeling. Why? Because someone has to know how much I am suffering.
In the past two and a half days I have:
shampooed the carpets 7 times
laundered the bedding on the crib, twin, and full beds,
a rug,
both carseats,
and 12 other random loads of soiled fabric
boiled the sippy cups
given 5 baths, 2 showers
and finally, sat down to piss and moan about it on my blog.
But don't worry, we only get sick every other week. And my kids have only vomited down my leg and into my shoe twice.
Okay, I'm done. I actually do feel better.
Bet my week has been better than yours thus far.

I'm so sorry!!! I can't believe you and yours are getting everything in the summer. Maybe this means that this winter you will just get to watch everyone else. I hope you feel better soon,
ReplyDeleteAmy
i am SO sorry! the vomit IN the shoe... wow. :( i hope you and all your family all get better soon. like today. i'm sure jesse will do well on his exam, despite the sickness and sleep deprivation... ps, bangs look cute on you, even when you're sick.
ReplyDeleteOh Sar, it's the stomach flu?? Yuck, it just gets worse and worse! And what is it with the curse of the CS random sickness?? Although, I still have my doubts that this is all not some clever ruse to cover up symptoms that could be attributed to something else, if you know what I mean...
ReplyDeletelol i was thinking the same thing kelly
DeleteRemember the time you called your mom at 5am when we lived in Reno? Because Jesse didn't care. Stomach flu is the worst. How did Jesse even deal with that on a plane? Stayed in that tiny bathroom the whole time? Oh my gosh.
ReplyDeleteWell some things never change. The other night, he still didn't care. I should have just called my mom. And of course I remember, Roomie.
DeleteI hope you guys feel better. You should've just started banging on the trash can and pretended like you were trying to play the drums or something.
ReplyDeleteYOWSER. I bet Avery wasn't too excited to start school yet anyway. A year will fly by like nothing.
ReplyDeleteOH Sarah! You're so funny. I love you!
ReplyDeleteUgh! That is so sucky! I was sick last year three times in 3 consecutive months. Each time for at least a week. It was the worst. and i dont have kids. If i havent said it before. YOU ARE MY HERO!
ReplyDeleteOk, so this blog post made me both sad, and laugh at the same time. Oh the family life! I'm sure this is in my future, and when it happens I will think of you. Hope everyone is better now.
ReplyDelete