I have had a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad week. I have been sick since last friday with something that feels like full body cancer, and on top of that I have had the worst menstrual cramps of my life. Jesse has been on night float (working from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.) five days a week for three weeks and has the second most important test of his medical school experience on Monday which equals
= grouchy, stressed, absent human. (rightfully so)
But the worst part? My kids are sick.
They are sleep deprived, weak, clingy, whining zombies. And I have been quarantined with them. Today was the second time I left the house this week.
I went to the gym. An employee from the kid zone spotted me and told me to come in, that she had something for me. Her name is Linda, she is my favorite of the YMCA staff. She is a black sixty year old angel. She went on vacation in Tennessee and picked this up for me. I've never been more flattered.
There is light at the end of the tunnel. She has no idea how much this meant to me since she has no idea that I have lived one of the hardest weeks of my life. I rode my scooter home with the largest grin on my face, wondering where I would ever incorporate this into my home decor.
I tell you those burpees can give you cancer! ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon and that you can find a special spot for that sweet piece!
not the full body cancer again! and all your kids have it this time, too! Terrible, terrible. I'm so glad your friend got you that nice tennessee, bell? Is it a large bell? It's fabulous.
ReplyDeleteAWESOME You have a bell! We used to tease my mom and run and go and get our dinner bell (yes that is how my mom gathered the troops for dinner)when we were sick and everytime we needed something we would ring it! Needless to say my mom would come the first 2 rings and then NO BUENO after that! So now you have an awesome, " I have full on body cancer, I need something and I am not getting out of the bed for it" BELL!
ReplyDeleteIs the bell for sale?
ReplyDeleteWe can talk about the bell being for sale later, but I'm so so sorry you've had such an awful week!! I wish I would have known, I would have come up to bring you something! That really sounds terrible, I'm not gonna deny it.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're coming for some R & R this Saturday?
Ah, I love Linda!!! And I should have known you guys were sick, I was wondering why I hadn't seen you at any of our stomping grounds this week. Next time I will be a better friend and call. Do you need some Lightning Mcqueen soup? I do owe you!
ReplyDeletethat is so sweet! i love people like that!
ReplyDelete