Zoe was my first birthday present from Jess after we got married, and Kipp was my second. I am an animal person. I love them, and particularly my own. It would be a lie to say I haven't felt embarrassed at some point by my sensitivity towards dogs, yet I can't help it.
This past break we had to find them new homes. It wasn't working out here in Dominica. Most dogs are strays and are not treated well, particularly by locals. I was afraid they were going to be poisoned. They were being cooped up in a small apartment with no end to their predicament in sight. It was for the best.
I, of course, cried like a baby. The only thing that makes this bearable is that they love their new owners. How grateful I am for the Gardners.
i love that your children are in the dog cage- ah! it's cute to see how much they love each other :0)
ReplyDeleteOh no! I remember when you first told me about getting Zoe... that must have been so hard for you. I'm sorry I didn't see this post before, I don't know how I missed it. Where do the Gardner's live?
ReplyDeleteOh that is so sad!!! They are such wonderful dogs. I am glad that you found them a nice family though. I'm sure it must have been hard on them to be cooped up.
ReplyDelete